|

Barbz Speaks About Big Brother Stargame


She was forever calm even in situations that required a strong reaction, TVSA got a chance to find out where Barbz hides the Xanax tablets, her opinion on frumpy (Prezzo), Yellow tube (Goldie) and her hff’s (house-friends forever) Maneta and Zainab.
TVSA: Why did you go on the show? What appealed to you about the Big Brother show?
Barbz: Well, I wanted to do the show because aahhh… it was two reasons; to reach out into Africa and obviously giving them the best of who Babalwa is, for those that did not know who I was and those that had preconceived ideas and perceptions about me, especially in and around South Africa. So those were the main reason. And also eventually winning the money. Who doesn’t want the money? (giggles)
TVSA: Did you watch previous shows?
Barbz: Yah, I watched the show, I was a BBA addict.
TVSA: Did you discuss with anyone and was there anyone opposed to you doing this?
Barbz: yes, I discussed obviously with my family – and they were very supportive and happy that I was gonna go for it. And also my boyfriend. He had a few questions, of course, as you would have about nudity and all those things. I had to assure him that there would be none of that (giggles) well, obviously those that do pay for shower hour (laughs) they would pay 10 dollars to see a sneak peak of my boobies, not bad after all (giggles). But he was ok, especially after I explained to him why I needed to do it, you know, for my personal brand.
TVSA: What shocked you during the first week?
Barbz: It was the fact that, you know, I came from a place where I have always been misjudged, I walked into a house with total strangers and the same thing happened. So, for people that did not even know me or know of me, I just walked in and I got judged from head to toe. Conversations were started about talk shows and about me; that was surprising and very hard.
TVSA: You loved sitting in a particular couch in the house, why did that particular couch appeal to you?
Barbz: (laughs) ok, two reasons – cause of the way it was designed, it was just so sexy. I like nice things. Another thing is I could sit in a position where I could look at myself in the mirror, and I could see the rearview and what was happening behind me. (laughs) It was like I am looking at myself but I can see all you crazy people looking at me – all the cameras.
TVSA: How do you keep that tush so nice and toned when you are so lazy?
Barbz: aaah (shocked) I am lazy? Well, tell her that I guess it’s my xhosa genes, that’s all I can say (giggles) I don’t know anything else, because if it is not that, then it’s a bit of gym.
TVSA: How had you cooked the pap that made us suffer DKB pap hatred comments and Mampi fights?
Barbz: I did not cook that pap. It was Mampi’s pap. (laughs) It was the Zambian pap, he hated that pap. Because in Zambia, they don’t put any seasoning in the pap, it’s just water and the maize meal so obviously it tastes like nothing. (giggles). they kept fighting over and over about it. Mine, Prezzo hated it but he was the only one. Obviously, we understand why, he hated me so anything that comes from me, obviously he is gonna hate. (giggles)
TVSA: How did you manage to get so many feet massages from the men – DKB and Keitta, specifically? Any tips to women in Africa?
Barbz: (laughs) you just have to use your sweetest voice and say “my feet are so sore” (with a sweet drawl) (giggles). But they claimed they come from a background where they please women. So it was not difficult for me to get my feet massaged.
TVSA: That worked for you, will it work for us? (laughs)
Barbz: (laughs) of course, it will work for anyone
TVSA: Where did you stash the Xanax?
Barbz: (laughs) Xanax …? (laughs) Xanax? I was born with it. You see that’s another reason I went into the house, you see? Cause people thought that when I am out in the clubs and dancing, going all crazy they would think that I was drunk. And temperamental but nothing. No-one can get me to a boiling point, nothing.
TVSA: So there is no medication? A secret compartment with some serious calming meds? (giggles)
Barbz: No, nothing. Zero.
TVSA: What do you really think Prezzo’s issues are with you?
Barbz: Ok, so I just think that the guy… I don’t know hey… cause… I don’t know… I have been trying to figure it out.
First, I thought ok, it’s because of the pictures I had brought into the house. Pictures I had taken with famous people like maybe that’s really annoying him. Because when he was fighting with me, he said “and oh, I have taken pictures with Jay-Z and whoever and I did not bring them” and I thought “who told you not to bring those pictures, did I pack your bag?”
Another issue, I really think that the guy has the hots for me, somehow because when we got into the house, he was showering me with compliments “oh, you are so beautiful”, even while we were still sitting on the stage. He was saying he is glad, he will get to know me better in the house. And then when he heard me talking about my relationship, that I have a serious boyfriend, he knew that I was off-limits. I can’t figure it out, though.
TVSA: When Prezzo attacked you, what was going through your mind?
Barbz: Which time? The first, second or third time?
TVSA: The first time?
Barbz: The first time about the soap story?
TVSA: No, the long one. The 30 minute attack…
Barbz: Oh, I… I… what was going through my mind was “is this guy crazy?” or is he trying to climb up this ladder to get to my head. He was never gonna get to my head. I just thought, let me let him vent and get it all out, you know, even let him vomit everything he has against me so maybe he will stop. Cause if I stop him I will interrupt him and he will continue the next day or in a couple of days, so I needed him to let it all out. Even when DKB tried to stop it, I wanted him to empty himself of the hate and anger he has against me but obviously (shrugs) it did not happen. (phone rings)
TVSA: Earlier this week you spoke about having babies as soon as you get out the house, was it the plan or do you feel any pressure to now conform to Prezzo’s abuse – get married, push some babies and catch up with his under 30 year olds?
Barbz: Oh, he wishes I would look up to him. Nah… But even before I went into the house, I had told myself that this year I really want to focus on being a mother, somehow, it had nothing to do with who I do it with or how I do it, it was just about me. I am just broody. I can never be pressured, that’s my personality, I never succumb to any pressure. So, yah, it was in the plans.
TVSA: Who are you certain you will keep in touch with?
Barbz: I am going to try to get hold of Maneta, when I get my full freedom. When I leave this place. I will probably look for Zainab now since I know she apologised.
TVSA: Who are you happy to never see or talk to again?
Barbz: Prezzo. When he comes out the house I will not even waste a breath or a handshake with him.
TVSA: Where to from here? What are future plans for Barbz?
Barbz: Get back to work, harder than I was, pursue new things in my life that I wanted to do prior to big brother.
Model search for South Africa, similar to what Tyra was doing, I really wanna pursue that and get that off the ground.

Posted by Big brother Afrika on 11:42. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Feel free to leave a response

0 comments for "Barbz Speaks About Big Brother Stargame"

Leave a reply

Blog Archive

Recently Commented

Recently Added